There are no traffic jams when you go the extra mile.
If you do the same thing as everyone else then more than likely you will get the same results. The people that will be seeing results out of the ordinary in these days will be those who are willing to go the extra mile. These will be the people who will stand out and make the difference. If everyone walks a mile and you decide to do extra you will most definitely be noticed. That’s right it will be too hard to miss you. In Steve Wonder & Ray Charles I see them saying yea we see you to.
Hold on wait a minute, I didn’t even ask you if you wanted to be different. My apologies, for just assuming that you wanted to be better and happier. Ok let’s start again, are you aiming to be different or do you want to be like others? Well if your answer is ‘Yes’ then continue reading. If your answer is ‘No’ and you desire to be the same then you can exit here and go to I want be like everybody else blog.
I’m so glad that you decided to continue. You just proved that you are interested in being a go the extra mile person. So exactly what is go the extra mile definition. It is an adaptation of a commandment of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount : “Whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain”, (two) Matthew 5:41 (KJV). Basically saying, make an extra effort in doing beyond what is expected of you.
I’m sure you have seen person’s who just do the least or minimum required of them at home, in school, on the job, at church, in the community and the likes. And then they wonder how is it that other people are always advancing and making improvements in their life. Honestly if you needed help with something, do you want someone is only willing to do the bare minimum expected of them? In these days there is a lot of demand on us as individuals. And I am sure you want people connected with you that are willing to give more than they are asked.
Alright let’s get back to you, yea sometimes it’s tough but let’s look at persons in the sports world who put in the extra effort in practice. These are the ones who aim to perfect their skills and develop into world class athletes and champions. Can I tell you that there is a world class champion in you?
So how can you go the extra mile and stand out?
Here are a few examples:-
- When everyone else is flooding a friend’s Facebook wall with Happy Birthday greetings send them a private unique message. See which one they remember the most.
- When someone asks you to pray for them this week, start by praying for them right there too.
- When a friend or someone asks you about something you have no knowledge on do a little research and send them the info about what you learn.
- When you volunteer for a project at your church bring someone else who’s not involved.
- When everyone is trying to rush through a busy doorway, hold the door open for the line. They will easily forget the person who was trying to bump them over and remember you.
- When you are grocery shopping and find a good deal that provides extra, give the extra away to someone else.
- When you read a post like this don’t just say that sounds good, leave a comment for the writer then share it quickly with your friends and contacts….. (Thank you in advance… as I’m smiling)
I hope this somehow gets you started in going the extra mile today.
Feel free to give us your input or let us know how this benefited you in any way or share some of your ways to go the extra mile.
Take care until………and God Bless ya
Are you ready to face eternity? If you have not you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour and desire to make that commitment now please repeat the following prayer:
Lord Jesus be merciful to me a sinner. I realize that I have sinned against you and come short of your glory. I confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and I believe in my heart that God has raised him from the dead. I pray for your forgiveness and ask that you save me now and accept me into your kingdom. Give me eternal life today.
In Jesus Name, Amen.